Burton Village Zoning Inspector, Rick Gruber
E-Mail Address: email@example.com
If you are planning remodeling, building, rebuilding or any type of construction on your property, to avoid penalties, call the Village office to see if a Zoning Application is required and the fee amount associated with your project. If an application is required, click on the above link for the appropriate form. Applications shall be submitted at the Village office with the proper fee. It will then be given to the Zoning Inspector who will approve, make changes or reject your project. If the Zoning Inspector does not approve your permit due to the plans not following current zoning, you can ask for a variance from the Board of Zoning Appeals.
Variance Request Application
The Variance Request Form is to be filled out if you have requested to go before the Board of Zoning Appeals. The completed application, a check for the $65.00 application fee and a deposit of $500 for review and meeting fees will be required when requesting a variance to the Zoning Ordinances (see Zoning Ordinance 1117.02). Applications and fees are accepted in Village Office on the second floor of the Burton Public Library, or mail it to Attention: BZA, P.O. Box 408, Burton, OH 44021. As soon as the proper fees and application are submitted, the BZA Clerk will set a Public Hearing before the Zoning Board of Appeals. The Board meets on an as needed basis. Please review Zoning Ordinance 1117.06(b) detailing what the Board looks at when granting a variance and have necessary information available for Hearing.
Conditional Use Application
The Conditional Use Application is to be filled out when you are permitted to apply for a conditional use through he Board of Zoning Appeals as stated under Zoning Ordinance 1135.03 Schedule of Uses. The completed application, a check for the $65 application fee and a deposit of $500 for review and meeting fees will be required when the application submitted. Applications and fees are accepted in the Village Office on the second floor of the Burton Public Library, or by mail to Attention: BZA, P.O. Box 408, Burton, OH 44021. As soon as the proper fees and application are submitted, the BZA Clerk will set a Public Hearing before the Board of Zoning Appeals. The Board meets on an as needed basis.
Burton Village Zoning Map
The Burton Village Zoning Map is a map of the current zoning districts in the Village of Burton.
Please be aware that the Village of Burton requires a permit if you are having a garage or yard sale.
Historic District Permit
Please be aware if you live in the Historic District, any exterior changes to your house (including painting or siding) must be reviewed and approved by the Historic District Architectural Review Board. The review and permit fee is $5 and should be turned in with your completed permit at the Village office. If you have any questions or are unsure if you are in the Historic District, please contact the Village office at 440-834-4474.
Please review section 1169 of the Codified Ordinance before posting signs around the village. Unauthorized signs on village property will be removed. There is a link to the Codified Ordinances on the Ordinance page.
Recent Zoning Permits
- Permit 1005-17 ~ Cottage 2, LLC - tear down decaying lean-to attached to barn - 13938 E. Center - Approved 2-13-17 - Demo permit
- Permit 1004-17 ~ Cottage 2, LLC - replace siding on existing barn - 13938 E. Center - Approved 1-23-17
- Permit 1003-17 ~ Lowell & Laurie Taylor - deck and tree house - 13631 W. Spring St. - Approved January 19, 2017
- Permit 1002-16 ~ Mary Huge - Addition - 13663 Seco Blvd. - Approved November 7, 2016
- Permit 1001-16 ~ Western Reserve Farm Co-Op - Addition - (corridor connecting existing buildings) - 13762 Ford Lane, Approved November 3, 2016
- Permit 1000-16 ~ Pat Preston - Addition - Service Bay - 14638 Rapids Rd. - Approved (based on previous BZA approval) November 2, 2016
- Permit 2016-10 ~ Kathy Baughman - Deck - 13829 Carlton St., Approved based on property survey (Ord. 1139, Sect. 02) - Oct. 18, 2016
- Permit 892016-9 ~ John & Heidi Hendrock - Remove concrete steps, add 6x18' rear deck - 14572 Garden St. - Approved August 9, 2016
- Permit 72516-8 ~ Mark W. Freiling - new garage, add vinyl siding to house to match - 14584 Baird St. - Approved (with changes) July 25. 2016
- Permit 07112016-7 ~ Nick Gorris - relocation of exisiting deck stairs - 13725 W. Center St. - Approved July 12, 2016
- Permit 616-2016-6 ~ The Smith - Sign, board size - 14608 West Park St. - Approved June 17, 2016
- Permit 04092016-5 ~ Robert Mullett - Addition to Garage - 13995 Goodwin St. - Approved April 9, 2016
- Permit 04062016-4 ~ Kathleen Durham - Fence - 13910 E. Center St. - Approved April 6, 2016
- Permit 3516-2 ~ Preston Motors - building - 14624 and 14638 Rapids Rd. - Not Approved March 15, 2016 *Variance granted
- Permit 31216-3 ~ Suzette Wayman -Fence - 14544 N. Cheshire - Not Approved March 10, 2016 *Variance granted
- Permit 20116-1 ~ Pete Fekete - storage building - 13755 West Center St. - Approved 2-1-16
- Permit 4-10-15 ~ Jerry Wayman - Fence - 14417 N. Cheshire St. - Approved April 10, 2015
- Permit 2-25-15 ~ Berkshire High School - Scoreboard ~ Approved March 30, 2015
Please feel free to contact the Village office at 440-834-4474 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org during office hours with any zoning questions.